Work for us
A Voice for Ontario’s Youth In Care: Project Coordinator
Full-Time Contract Position
$15-$20 per hour (Commensurate With Experience)
400-500 Contract Hours
Youth in Care Canada (YICC) is seeking to hire a graduate-level researcher who is enthusiastic about creating change and addressing gaps in the child welfare system. This individual will lead a study to build a case for a youth in care network in Ontario by developing and facilitating focus groups with youth in care across the province. The successful candidate will have the option to work from the YICC head office in Ottawa or from their respective institution and will travel to 12 communities across Ontario to deliver the focus groups throughout their work term. This autonomous individual will coordinate the focus groups, conduct a thorough policy and program evaluation, and produce a final report that addresses gaps and provides recommendations on the development of a youth in care network in Ontario.
About Our Organization:
Youth in Care Canada has engaged young people in and from care, and those who work with them, in research, policy development, and the training of caregivers and child welfare professionals; we have assisted in and supported the development of provincial and community-level youth in care networks across Canada; and we have helped to further the national and international youth in care networking movement. For more information about our organization, please visit www.youthincare.ca.
Key Duties of the Position:
- Work under the supervision of the President and Vice President of the YICC Board of Directors to support efforts to establish and maintain a youth in care network in Ontario.
- Review existing youth in care networks nationally and internationally to determine best practices and guide the development of the focus groups.
- Assist in logistics activities including arranging venues, identifying focus group participants, and meetings with the Ontario Provincial Advocate’s Office.
- Facilitate focus groups for youth in care, jurisdictional partners, and service providers across Ontario to understand their opinions on current gaps in the system and establishing a youth in care network in Ontario.
- Develop a final report that summarizes the findings from the previous activities to lay the groundwork for establishing a youth in care network in Ontario.
- Master’s degree or graduate student with experience in facilitation and policy and program evaluation. Bachelor’s degree and related work experience will also be considered.
- Experience in facilitating workshops to gather feedback from current and former youth in care.
- Experience in project management and coordination.
- Interest and/or experience with issues related to children and youth in care.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interview children and youth and service providers to obtain necessary information while reviewing youth and community resources.
- Ability to organize workload, be self-motivated and work independently.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis and using statistical software (STATA, SPSS, QDA).
- Interest and/or experience working in or with a small non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of legislation and a background in program and policy analysis.
- Bilingualism/French an asset.
The start date will be immediately, subject to the availability of the candidate. We would like the contract to be completed by the end of April.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail with the subject line “Project Coordinator Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5th, 2018.
Youth in Care Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability, or a member of another minority group.
We appreciate all applications received.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.