Province Ontario


Anishinaabe Abinoojii – Supports to Continuing Education for Crown Wards –
Has a list of financial supports that former Crown wards are eligible for, including links to each site.

Family and Children’s Services of Guelph and Wellington County –
Has additional information regarding OSAP loan exemptions for youth in/from care.

Hope for Children –
Though these supports may not be specific to youth in/from care, Hope for Children has a list of scholarships and financial aid available for post-secondary students throughout Ontario.

Laurentian University Youth in Extended Society Care Tuition Waiver –

Ontario Associations of Residences Treating Youth –
Has a list of post-secondary supports available to youth in/from care in Ontario.

OSAP Living and Learning Grant – The Government of Ontario has discontinued the OSAP Living and Learning Grant.

OSAP 100% Tuition Aid For Youth Leaving Care – The Government of Ontario has discontinued the 100% Tuition Aid for Youth Leaving Care.

YouthCAN –
Has award programs for youth in care, Crown wards or former Crown wards including the Clark Bursary, valued at $3,500 per year up to four years; and the Clark Grant, a $1,000 one-time grant.

Resources Supporting Youth In Transition –
YouthCan also has a list of financial support options for youth in/from care, including a list of scholarships available: The page also has information about Aboriginal scholarships, information for students with different learning styles, and resources to help students choose a post-secondary institution.