General Research and Reports
- NYICN Report Card – Addresses the key issues related to the rights of children that need to be addressed accross provinces and territories in Canada.
- Primer Issue and Sensitivity Training Research Report – A report produced in consultation with youth in and from care with the aim of offering social workers and caregivers insights into the experiences of youth in care.
- Final Executive Summary Drugs In Our System – This report explores the increasingly common trend of using mood-altering and behaviour modifying psychotropic medications to address the behaviours, mental health conditions and emotional healing needs of young people in systems care.
- The Chemical Management of Canadian Systems Youth – Are drugs being inappropriately prescribed to children and youth as an easy and cheap way to deal with real healing needs, resulting in adult drug addictions?
Guides and Manuals
- Who Will Teach Me To Learn -This study addresses the educational challenges faced by youth in care and offers adult stakeholders strategies to better support youth in care throughout their high school education.
- Primer Youth Presenters Training Manual –
- Guide to Effective Practice in Mentoring – This guide is designed to offer research on mentoring, indicate best practices, and provide information necessary to help insure meaningful and effective mentoring.
- The Nework Connection, A Network Development Manual PART 1 and PART 2 – This guide was developed by youth in care for youth in care with the aim of transmitting knowledge about networking and providing useful resources to help establish youth support groups.
Multimedia Storytelling: Sam
National Youth in Care Network Multimedia Story created by Sam on her emotional and spiritual journey while growing up and out of care.
For more multimedia content addressing the experiences of youth in and from care, please visit the YICC youtube account which can be found here.